The 2017 Summer Fellowship Program has concluded. Learn about the 2017 Summer Staff and Fellows here.
Girls Make Games is on a mission to increase diversity and inclusivity in the games industry. The program launched in 2014 with a summer camp and has since run workshops in 41 cities worldwide, reaching over 3,000 girls.
Along our journey of teaching girls ages 8-15, we’ve met many young adults struggling to break into the games industry. Many wish they had attended GMG when they were young because of the invaluable exposure and experience the program provides.
Introducing the GMG Fellowship Program:
The Girls Make Games Fellowship Program provides participants an insider’s view of the industry, an opportunity to teach game development by mentoring kids, and access to unique networking and coaching opportunities.
GMG Fellows will spend 3 weeks running / teaching at GMG summer camps, attend weekend events hosted by GMG.
The program culminates in a 1-2 day event designed and delivered by camp host venue (Google, Xbox, Sony).
GMG Fellows are all ethnicities and genders. They are united by their passion for games, the industry, and mentorship for youth.
- Dates: July 8, 2017 - August 1, 2017
- San Francisco Bay Area, California
- Seattle/Redmond, Washington
- Application deadline: June 16, 2017
- Limited spots. Applicants are notified on a rolling basis.
- Housing for the duration of the program in the San Francisco Bay Area or Redmond/Seattle WA.
- Travel accommodations (flight, ground transportation)
- All-Access Pass for Game Developers Conference 2018
- PAX East/West Badge
- Stipend (exact amount TBA, disbursed in the final week of camp)
- Fellows-only events at host companies: Xbox, Google, Sony. Events include: meeting with company leadership, mentorship, site guided tours, product demos, network with employees and training on best-practices when seeking employment in the industry.
- Available for the full duration of the program (July 8, 2017 - August 1, 2017)
- Successfully complete GMG’s remote camp training (final week of June)
- Successfully complete a 3 week GMG summer camp in Camp Coordinator (logistics) or Camp Counselor (teaching) capacity. Learn more about these roles here.
- Have an interest in games and games industry
- Minimum of 1 professional/academic reference
- Must be 18 or older
- Open to all genders
A strong candidate will demonstrate 1 or more of the following:
- Experience in leadership and/or management roles
- Game development experience (programming, design, writing, art, music)
- Experience teaching/mentoring kids under 18
- Community service record
The 2017 application period has ended.