- Intro to Game Design: students learn gameplay models, mechanics, and terminology
- Intro to Game Art: students create characters and backgrounds in Photoshop
- Intro to Programming: students learn fundamentals, visual/script code, and logic.
- Discussions and presentations with games and tech industry professionals
- i. Audio Engineering
- ii. 2D Art and Animation
- iii. Board Game Design
- Field Trip Fridays hosted at local games/tech company
- 4:1 Student to Counselor ratio
- Assistance with college and internship applications
- Continued post-camp mentorship, including help with school game based projects and guidance on contests. See National STEM Video Game Challenge.
- Annual Demo Day to be held on July 19th, 2015 at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, CA.
- Demo Day Highlights:
- All expenses paid trip to the Bay Area for top 5 teams from around the country
- Industry expert judges
- Grand Prize: Winning team launches Kickstarter campaign + publishes their game! See 2014 Winner The Hole Story.
- Camp Duration: 3 weeks (15 days)
- Age Range: Our campers are typically between 11-14 years of age, though we've had younger and older!
- Hours: 10am-4pm. Early Drop Off (8:30am) and Late Pick Up (5:30pm) available upon request.
- Computer/Programming Literacy: Our curriculum is designed around team work, and we group students based on skill level. Beginners and advanced coders are both welcome!
- Class Size: We average about 35 students per class.